Re: Kmail - slow or no erasing of mails when deleting fast

My Debian testing version is inoperative. Can no longer connect to Gmail. Message preview box is black. A long time now. Latest upgrade is no better.

Since the main and left panes of system setup is also black, problem may be kde.

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018, 8:59 AM Hans <hans.ullrich@loop.de> wrote:
Hi Marc,
thanks for your reply.
> Well........ ,
>
> Question, what version of KMail are you using (Help:About KMail)?

The version I am running here is 5.7.3, which is debian/testing and 32-bit.
However, I have to tell, that I am watching this behaviour since a loooong
time, almost since the change to akonadi. At least for 3-4 years.

I lived that long timer with this issue, but in the version I am using, things
got worse. Now the "greyed out" mails are also, when marking them all and then
move into the trash in one step.
> I'm using version 5.5.2 and while some things are a bit slow, this version
> is much better than those before it.  I've also seen "greyed out" e-mails
> which were artifacts of the folder not being updated properly, and as you
> point out, they go away when you force a folder refresh. Assuming you are
> using a current version, I'd post a bug report on the KDE site:
>
> https://www.kde.org/applications/internet/kmail/
>
> If you are running an "old" version, your report will be ignored as work is
> only done on new versions.

Hmm, I think this behaviour was ignored since a long time. I dunno, I believe
I mentioned it some years ago in the forum, too, but nothing changed since.

And I am not sure, if that can be fixed at all. Because: Who is to blame?
(Sorry, if "blame" might be the wrong word, my English..., better say "ask"?)

> Good luck,
> Mark

Best regards

Hans