Kmail - slow or no erasing of mails when deleting fast

Hi folks,

there is a thing, I am noticing since kmail changed to akonadi. It would be
nice, if someone can confirm or deny my noticing.

The issue: When I want to delete lots of mails in my inbox folder, I am using
the "delete" key of my keyboard. Doing so, one after the other mail is moved
into trash.

This is working, when I do it slow. But when I am deleting mails very fast,
i.e. by depresing the delete key rapidly very fast, the mails are not moved
into trash, but greyed out.

To fix this, I have to click another folder, then click back to inbox, and now
I can go on erasing.

I believe, that akonadi is to slow to write the changes into its database.
When erasing mails slowly, then it is fast enough.

However, IMHO the database should be fast enough for these little changes, and
it should just work one change after the other, independently of the speed of
the input. And really: My depressing of the delete key is really slow related
to the speed a computer can work!

Why do I tell all this now after such a long time? Just because today things
are going worse. Now the above described behaviour has become "heavier", I
must now delete with a longer delay. Additionally to delete the inbox folder
by "mark all mails" and "move all mails to trash" does hardly work. I often
have to do this repeatedly to get all mails moved (see above).

Just before I file a bug, it would be nice, if this can be confirmed or if
this behaviour is known, or already be filed as a bugreport.

And who is to inform? Is it akonadi or is it kmail?

Thanks for the patience to read this long mail. I hope we will find a way to
improve things.

Best regards

Hans