Re: Install 9.4 on acer V15 Nitro 4K -> black screen after choosing installation method; Kali live running and Ubuntu installation no problem

Here are a few ideas bases on my own experience:

1) Is your BIOS up to date? I'm not trying to pin this issue down on
BIOS issues, but who knows.

2) What is your exact BIOS/UEFI configuration? When I installed Debian
on my laptop I couldn't get grub to install correctly at first, but I
managed it by enabling Legacy support while keeping UEFI as the default
boot method.

HTH,
Francisco

On Mon, 2018-04-23 at 11:20 +0200, Dr. Volker Jaenisch wrote:
> Dear Jimmy!
>
> On 23.04.2018 02:06, Jimmy Johnson wrote:
> >
> > I'm setting here looking at the secs for your laptop and it say's
> > you
> > have an Intel computer with Nvidia Video, but the first thing to do
> > is
> > make sure you have the firmware meta package installed, first you
> > need
> > to add non-free to your sources and 'apt-get update' and then 'apt-
> > get
> > install firmware-linux* xorg' Now reboot and see what happens. Good
> > Luck!
>
> Please read my initial post. The problem is that the installer does
> not
> boot:
> Installer grub2 comes up nicely. Then I choose the install method
> (whichever) then the system get stuck immediately (Some access to the
> USB-Stick (blinking), HDD is accessed (blinking), Blank screen.).
>
> This happens with the Kali linux (Debian based) installer and Debian
> installers 9.3 (firmware-edition), 9.4 (netinstall or firmware or 1st
> DVD edition), buster-a2 (netinstall).
>
> But an Ubuntu 16.04 installer runs fine. Ubuntu integrates nicely in
> the
> UEFI and I have a full functional dual boot system (with win10).
> Under
> Ubuntu the 4K video display on NVIDIA 1060 runs OOTB.
>
> IMHO this is a problem with the Debian installer kernel, kernel
> params
> and/or drivers in the initrd.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Volker