Re: Install 9.4 on acer V15 Nitro 4K -> black screen after choosing installation method; Kali live running and Ubuntu installation no problem

Dear Jimmy!

On 23.04.2018 02:06, Jimmy Johnson wrote:

> I'm setting here looking at the secs for your laptop and it say's you
> have an Intel computer with Nvidia Video, but the first thing to do is
> make sure you have the firmware meta package installed, first you need
> to add non-free to your sources and 'apt-get update' and then 'apt-get
> install firmware-linux* xorg' Now reboot and see what happens. Good Luck!
Please read my initial post. The problem is that the installer does not
boot:
Installer grub2 comes up nicely. Then I choose the install method
(whichever) then the system get stuck immediately (Some access to the
USB-Stick (blinking), HDD is accessed (blinking), Blank screen.).

This happens with the Kali linux (Debian based) installer and Debian
installers 9.3 (firmware-edition), 9.4 (netinstall or firmware or 1st
DVD edition), buster-a2 (netinstall).

But an Ubuntu 16.04 installer runs fine. Ubuntu integrates nicely in the
UEFI and I have a full functional dual boot system (with win10). Under
Ubuntu the 4K video display on NVIDIA 1060 runs OOTB.

IMHO this is a problem with the Debian installer kernel, kernel params
and/or drivers in the initrd.

Cheers,

Volker

   inqbus Scientific Computing    Dr.  Volker Jaenisch
   Richard-Strauss-Straße 1       +49 (8861) 690 474 0
   86956 Schongau-West            http://www.inqbus.de