Re: Network-related Chicken and Egg Issue, attempting Install of Debian 9.4

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 6:38 PM, Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:

On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 03:13:09PM -0700, David Christensen wrote:

> On 04/21/18 14:24, Kenneth Parker wrote:
>
> > One more thing:  Because of some changes, from 8 to 9, I am being asked to
> > do Network Administration, with both Hands behind my Back:  Debian CD1
> > does  *NOT*  install the ifconfig command, which I might have been able to
> > use, to troubleshoot, even *FINDING* the WiFi Adapter.  Ouch!
>
> AFAIK ifconfig was superseded by some component of systemd.

systemd may be to blame for a myriad of woes, but this is not
one of them.

Speaking of SystemD, do you recommend a good book on it?  I couldn't find one at my local Barnes & Noble.

Thank you and best regards,

Kenneth Parker
--  Conversant, but not Fluent in SystemD.