Re: X does not work in Debian 9.4

i think my monitor comply with those standards and can support default setting used by X
and your freq range have little chance of solving my problem

and i'm in poor health and not energetic enough to test your solution

i have a look at legacy package you mention, i'm afraid it won't help

Thanks anyway!

On Sunday, April 22, 2018, 7:03:40 AM GMT+8, Felix Miata <mrmazda@earthlink.net> wrote:

Felix Miata composed on 2018-04-21 16:10 (UTC-0400):

> ...If you insist on using an xorg.conf file, then express  HorizSync
> and VertRefresh as ranges instead of values. e.g. instead of

>     HorizSync    47.71
>     VertRefresh    59.79

> use

>     HorizSync    45-49
>     VertRefresh    58-62

> or

>     HorizSync    30-72
>     VertRefresh    56-80

Did you try either of the above xorg.conf changes?

Is xserver-xorg-legacy installed? If not, see if installing it helps.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/