Re: mkisofs (was: Installer image for installation via ssh)

On 2018-04-19, Leandro Noferini <lnoferin@cybervalley.org> wrote:

> I tried this solution but I had to stop at last passage, when we need to
> recreate the new image. In the article there is this command
>
> mkisofs -o ../custom_install.iso -r -J -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4
>boot-info-table -b isolinux/isolinux.bin -c isolinux/boot.cat ../isonew
>
> But mkisofs does not exist in debian anymore. In its place (?) we have
> genisoimage but I cannot find the right options to have the same result.
>
> What do I need to give as options?

As Tomas has pointed out, and after glancing at the man, it would seem
you can use the very same command line parameters with genisoimage as
those you've quoted above for mkisofs.

Awaiting your report from the trenches.

C.

--
"Three prisoners were locked in a cell. When the largest of them finished his
food, he immediately ate the others. Too bad. An apostrophe in the right place