Re: SSD's and many edits of a single file

On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 09:46:07AM -0400, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> To your original problem, have you tried going to a command line and throwing
> in a couple =sync=s?  I would try that, maybe after saving in your editor, and
> again maybe after open and / or saving in the cnc program.

As others have explained, the OS (Linux) keeps a cache of file contents
that have been written by applications, but not yet committed to
permanent storage.  If you "save" from within the text editor, then the
saved contents should be immediately visible to other processes reading
the file, regardless of whether it has been synced to disk.  They'll
simply get the cached version.