Re: SSD's and many edits of a single file

On Monday, April 09, 2018 05:53:18 AM Gene Heskett wrote:
> What else is a good editor? And lets not start yet another vim vs emacs
> war. kwrite and kate come to mind. I'm running Trinity Desktop, maybe I
> should check them out. Whatever, needs to be able to have several files
> open so I can just click back and forth on the tabs as I usually
> separate the files into what uses which cutting tool.

I use kate and kwrite (on Wheezy) for some of my important things (my askSam
workalike mashup), nedit and some others for other purposes.

kate and kwrite both allow multiple files to be open, but, instead of tabs, you
can (with an option--maybe on the menu) have an additional panel on the left
hand side of the screen showing you all the files open in that instance and
allowing you to click on any one of them to switch to that file.

To your original problem, have you tried going to a command line and throwing
in a couple =sync=s?  I would try that, maybe after saving in your editor, and
again maybe after open and / or saving in the cnc program.