Re: SSD's and many edits of a single file

On Mon, Apr 09, 2018 at 09:32:14AM -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> A big, rapidly blinking
> BLOCK cursor would help these old eyes find it a lot easier. But in 20
> years thats fallen out of style, dammit.

The cursor is a function of the terminal, not of the text editor
running inside the terminal.

rxvt-unicode (the terminal I use on Debian) has a solid block cursor by
default.  You can make it blink by running "rxvt -bc", or by setting the
"cursorBlink" resource in your X resources.  I wouldn't call it *rapidly*
blinking (looks to be about 1 Hz), but it's blinking.  (I've also decided
that I don't care for it, and won't be using this option, but hey,
that's what *options* are for.)

Other terminals may or may not have similar options.