Re: Installing Debian 9

On Mar 30, 2018, at 12:47 PM, Stefan Rhodin <linux@wism.se> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> What I do is add "contrib non-free" on every line after the word main in /etc/apt/sources.list. Minus the " " of course.
>
> Then I type apt update and let it run its course. Then type apt install firmware-linux-nonfree and reboot. That should take care of it hopefully.

This is what I do as well.  It works as long as you can get a basic install to complete without use of the non-free hardware.  For example: If (as is often the case) the non-free hardware is a wi-fi card, you will have to connect to the network with a wired link (i.e. Ethernet) during the installation and subsequent update to bring in the non-free driver.

Hope it helps!
Rick