Update: Re: Password Manager opinions and recommendations

Thanks to all who replied!

I thought I'd summarize where I am:

I like three of the suggestions (from what I've seen / investigated (slightly)
so far, but with some comments:

   * pass: appeals to me a lot--the one problem for me (for which I believe
I've found the solution) is that it stores the encrypted password files in my
/home.  I have what might be called a "religious" aversion to storing what I
consider "real" user data in /home.  I've looked at the source code, and I see
where $HOME is used to create that directory.  If I use pass, I will, at the
very least, modify that in my own copy, but also write to the author and
suggest that he allow a command line parameter (or config file) change the
location of the directory.

   * I like the approach that http://masterpasswordapp.com/ takes to create
passwords and, iiuc, recreate them each time they are needed rather than
storing them anywhere.  I'll read up a little more on that.

   * I haven't spent much time on keepass--maybe in the next day or so

   * I also like the approach suggested by Abdullah Ramazanoglu (and the
somewhat similar Diceware), but I almost didn't find the emails from Abdullah--
for some reason my email client did not receive them--I've done a search of
all the local email files (on my computer) (including trash, which I have not
emptied in the last several days), and I've searched the Google email spam,
trash, and all folders.  I'll be digging into this and possibly seek help in a
new thread.