Re: Password Manager opinions and recommendations

<extensive snipping to reply to just one point--I may respond to others at
some time in the future>

On Sunday, March 25, 2018 08:38:25 PM Richard Hector wrote:
> On 26/03/18 04:52, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> >    * a means to automatically update passwords on the target websites (to
> >
> > facilitate regular / frequent password changes)--this is probably a
> > stretch--I mean something that would work its way through the various
> > screens and prompts to change a password with a minimum of manual
> > intervention by me
>
> Difficult. That would have to be scripted for each website etc, wouldn't
> it?

Yes, at least I think so, unless there is some standard for how to handle
passwords (including changing them) on websites.  I suspect that there isn't.
There may be some commonality in websites generated by a common website
"generator" (one of those packages that help you create a website--I think
they exist, but I've never used one--maybe Drupal is an example?