Re: Password Manager opinions and recommendations

On 26/03/18 04:52, rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
Here are some of what I think are my criteria for a password manager:
    * encrypted storage on my own machines (no storage "in the cloud")
    * ability to transfer to other devices, including Android tablets and
phones
[...]
    * a means to automatically generate secure passwords

I use and recommend keepassx on Debian and KeePassDroid on Android. I copy the .kdbx (KeePass 2.x file format) file between platforms with sftp, not using cloud storage. Both implementations include password generation and so I think tick your three boxes above.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <ben@transient.nz>
Director