Re: Federated, decentralised communication on the internet

Well, I think Greg Wooledge is right here

Let's rewind the discussion.
The original context was "why do I need to have a dot in my HELO string".

The reason you need a dot in your HELO string is because SMTP receivers
may reject you as a spammer (or incompetent, same end result) if you do
not have one.

That's all.

All this academic crap about nodes and empty lists is irrelevant.

But since we've gotten so off track already (and we all live for that, right?)....