Re: No sound in Firefox

On Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 11:13:42AM +0100, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> Most things work out of the box. OK, newer Firefoxes are ripping
> out Alsa support... I don't really care: I consider the browser
> a necessary evil anyway, so some amount of dysfunctionality is
> a Good Thing. If you want Alsa support in the browser, I think
> Mozilla is taking patches.

I seriously doubt they would accept a patch to restore the ALSA
features that they intentionally removed with the goal of not having
to support multiple audio output backends.

I don't use Pulse Audio either, and have no intention of doing so in
the near future.  If Firefox doesn't support ALSA, then I will not be
listening to audio in Firefox.  I still have Google-Chrome installed,
and I use that for the rare occasion when I want to watch/listen to a
YouTube submission.