Re: No sound in Firefox

On Mon, 20 Mar 2017, Marc Shapiro wrote:

I think that I'll keep my copy of Firefox v51.0.1 around for a while, until I am sure that I don't need to revert to it.

 I reopen this thread, as there are news issues with versions 58 and 59:
 with V58 + pulseaudio: no sound, no message
 with V59 + pulseaudio: no sound, ffx asks to install pulseaudio!
 This is for a normal user. Curiously, with the root account,
 the sound works perfectly (I already saw that behaviour some time ago)
 So, instead of "firefox", I run "sudo /usr/bin/firefox"

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel