Re: Multifunction (printer + scanner) recommendation?

On Thursday, March 08, 2018 07:53:36 AM Dan Purgert wrote:
> rhkramer@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > Bbut I'll mention that I'm partial to Canon, and now that they've come
> > out with the line of printers that you can refill on board ink tanks,
> > I wish I hadn't bought something else recently.  The one
> > disappointment I see with those Canon printers (there are two that I'm
> > aware of) is that they can'd do auto duplex printing.
-->                                          ^t

> Ink in general is a disappointment to me ;).  It dries out before I get
> a chance to use it all.

I guess you mean the ink dries in the printing head "holes"?  It's been a long
time since I've had that problem--I guess the little bit of rubbing alcohol
that I add to the ink helps prevent that problem.

In the past, when I've had the problem, I've done things like put the print
head into a tray with a shallow batch of rubbing alcohol (so it just wets the
print head "holes").  After soaking for a while, I wipe the head dry (gently)
(just to avoid dripping ink anywhere) with something lint free, reinsert in
the printer, and then run a cleaning cycle.

If that doesn't work, I'll repeat.

Hi. - I'm thinking You'd better  look for what kind doesn't run! You may check OpenPrinting lists.
By now  for instanceI'm with a B/W laser multifunction by samsung, scx4100 series (quite old). After some troubles for fitting it, I feel well and it's good and cheap, and overall you can forget of sending a print anytime to keep the cartridge awake!

best regards
--
linux user #521635