Re: Multichannel audio listening

On Mon, 5 Mar 2018, at 16:14, Rodolfo Medina wrote:

> Let's then have a two-channels audio file, let's call it input.wav.  Sox should
> be told to send channel 1 of input.wav to soundcard 1 and channel 2 of
> input.wav to soundcard 2.  Having a look at sox manual, I didn't find anything
> such...

I did say earlier:

> >> Maybe 'sox' can direct audio to multiple channels, but I think you
> >> will need to tell sox which hardware devices to use.  The section
> >> of the sox manual, page 3, "Playing & Recording Audio" might help.

You'll need to adapt the definition of the output device to whatever
your hardware requires.   That is, I expect that setting AUDIODEV will
be the answer, but I can't say HOW you would set it.    You'd need to
look at the manual for your specific hardware, I think.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.