Re: Origin of /var/run contents

On Tuesday 27 February 2018 06:46:50 Martin S. Weber wrote:

> On 2018-02-27 05:03:15, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> > (...)
> > So, is there somewhere that /run is initially populated from,
> > (...)
>
> man 5 tmpfiles.d, see also its SEE ALSO.
>
> Regards,
> -Martin

Apparently new with jessie. But neither the lone jessie install, or the
only stretch install actually have files in that directory. If its
there, why not make use of it?

Neither jessie nor stretch have a manpage for systemd.tmpfiles.

There is a manpage for systemd-tmpfiles, and apparently some of its
callable subroutines.

I've read that manual, but with all the options, figuring out which one
you need looks like a bit of Russian roulette with live ammo. And how
does that work when /run is a link to /var/run? and it doesn't work thru
links. Confusing without a lot more study.

Or have things changed that much while I was in the shop for 9 days
filtering heparin thru my kidneys for a DVT in my right leg I got from
sitting too many hours a day in front of this monitor?

Taint fun folks, take a break and do a loop around the house every 30
minutes. You will be far better off for doing it.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)