Re: SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<debian-user@lists.debian.org>

On 2018-02-18, Karol Augustin <karol@augustin.pl> wrote:

>>  A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
>>  recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:
>>
>>    debian-user@lists.debian.org
>>      SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT
>> TO:<debian-user@lists.debian.org>:
>>      host bendel.debian.org [82.195.75.100]: 554 5.1.8
>> <gldu-debian-user-2@m.gmane.org>:
>>      Sender address rejected: Domain not found
>>
>> Domain not found. This is quite sudden; it worked, now it ain't
>> working. 'gmane.org' is
>> the domain that is not currently being found? This all seems outside
>> of my purview (beyond
>> abandoning gmane, I suppose).
>
> There is no MX, A or AAAA record for m.gmane.org, so it is not possible
> to send you mail to address gldu-debian-user-2@m.gmane.org and that is
> why the mail is rejected.

Well, I've been posting in exactly same manner for the totality of my
presence here (through the gmane news to mail gateway--or mail to news
gateway--or whatever the hell it is or was).

But if this post gets through that demonstrates that I never really
needed that particular service in the first place (or that a cat
can be skinned in multiple ways).

--
New York was no mere city. It was instead an infinitely romantic notion, the
mysterious nexus of all love and money and power, the shining and the