Re: where can i find a list of usb wireless card that are supported by linux?

On Mon, 19 Feb 2018, Long Wind wrote:

> i don't like to install additional driveri wish default linux kernel already has
> driver
> on Chinese market, many cards claim thatit included driver for Windowsi'm not
> sure if it supports linux
> i have install linux-docbut can't find useful info
> Thanks!

You are probably talking about devices that require non-free
firmware?  Those are described here:
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch02s02.html.en

I'm not sure where you could get a list of devices that don't, but it
would include devices from years ago that are not available anymore.

>From what I understand, almost all wireless usb made in the
last few years require some kind of firmware to work on linux.

If you are interested in a particular device the debian wiki has a nice
page about them with a "thumbs up" or little angry faces next to the
non-free devices.

https://wiki.debian.org/WiFi