Re: BIND and iptables config

On Thursday, February 15, 2018 10:26:14 PM Rodary Jacques wrote:
> Le jeudi 15 février 2018, 11:44:36 CET Henning Follmann a écrit :
> > On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 05:01:52PM +0100, Rodary Jacques wrote:
> > > With NetworkManager, /etc/network/interfaces has only the loopbak
> > > interface, and I can't use wicd which can't deal with two wired
> > > interfaces. And, Henning Follmann, my English is too poor to explain
> > > clearly my setup which is the standard one when your ISP gives you one
> > > routable address and you want your home LAN to have access to
> > > internet.

I don't understand--what are the two wired interfaces that you have connected
to your computer?

> > Hello,
> > no your english was good enough to describe your setup. And I would say
> > that 90% of "us" have a form of "dialup" with on routable ip address and
> > a NAT setup.
> > First bind is not "standard" in this kind of situation and makes things
> > overly complicated. I would recommend dnsmasq instead. It is much more
> > staight forward for a NAT box to setup. It will also provide you with a
> > dhcp server.
> > And in your situation you also want to disable/avoid the NetworkManager.
>
> I told before that wiced can't deal with two wired interfaces.
>
> > It is quite easy because evry device you list in /e/n/i

Based on context, I would say that is a difficult to understand attempt at
abbreviating /etc/network/interfaces, especially to offer for someone with
limited English skills.

I hope you are not giving up (I got the idea you might based on your previous
post)--I'm not sure I can help you, but I think someone will be able to.