Re: MIDI-to-USB on Debian?

On 02/14/2018 11:33 AM, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 9:42 AM, Ric Moore <wayward4now@gmail.com> wrote:

Gene, they are cheap as dirt. Check Ebay. If the OP really wants midi
rolling full-blown install Ubuntu Studio. It uses a RT kernel and Jack audio
for low low latency. The fun part will be the setup. I'm just starting out
myself, and it takes some wrapping of the brain around the software. Ric

Thanks for that, that was the next step. Was considering the
Supercollider distribution for
for the RT kernel, if they still do SC that way.

Ubuntu studio installs all sorts of audio/video apps that benefit from the RT kernel. Again, I'm having to wrap my brains around all of the midi apps that it installs. Surprised that it doesn't install rosegarden. Last time I dealt with anything like it was MOD software, back in the day! I'm an old fart like Gene, I almost miss the Caldera days when you had to roll your own kernel just to get a CD to work. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html