Re: MIDI-to-USB on Debian?

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 03:00:20PM -0600, Nicholas Geovanis wrote:
Does anyone have a MIDI-to-USB adapter they could recommend for
Debian and/or linux?
This is just for a point-to-point connection from a Yamaha keyboard
to a laptop. Software on the laptop remains undetermined, probably
some combination of Rhythmbox, CSound, Supercollider and god knows
what else. Thanks......Nick
I've had good results with midiplus Tbox2X2 USB MIDI Interfaces.  About $30 on amazon (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00WU6F4M6).  It has 2 interfaces for 2 midi devices in a nice metal box with leds showing in/out activity.  It works with LMMS on debian testing without firmware download on a couple consumer grade keyboards I have.  I have only used one device at a time so far. Powered by usb interface.

...Bob