Re: MIDI-to-USB on Debian?

On 02/13/2018 05:59 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
On Tuesday 13 February 2018 16:00:20 Nicholas Geovanis wrote:

Does anyone have a MIDI-to-USB adapter they could recommend for Debian
and/or linux?
This is just for a point-to-point connection from a Yamaha keyboard to
a laptop. Software on the laptop remains undetermined, probably some
combination of Rhythmbox, CSound, Supercollider and god knows what
else. Thanks......Nick

There may be such a critter, but expect to pay thru the nose for it, and
that the midi timing may suffer critically.

Gene, they are cheap as dirt. Check Ebay. If the OP really wants midi rolling full-blown install Ubuntu Studio. It uses a RT kernel and Jack audio for low low latency. The fun part will be the setup. I'm just starting out myself, and it takes some wrapping of the brain around the software. Ric

http://linuxcounter.net/user/44256.html