Re: libgparted bug.

On Mon 12 Feb 2018 at 08:17:23 +0100, deloptes wrote:

> Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> >> TDE has support channels. People there are far more likely to be
> >> familiar with wheezy (unsupported on Debian) and their own packages
> >> (not in Debian) and any automounting issues.
> >

> there is no automount - Gene might remove usbmount package and see if this

Sound advice.

> helps. The package is not  required by any TDE package.

No package in Debian reverse depends on it; it would have to be
explicitly installed. Gene Heskett put it there; Gene Heskett can
take it away.

> In Stretch TDE  would sense the plugged usb and list it unmounted. User may
> click on the item and it will mount. I never experienced automount.

You can use gparted with peace of mind, then.

> > Their mailing list turned into a black hole around 9 months back.  And
> > I'm subscribed.
>
> I don't know what you mean, but I read and post to both lists (user/devel)

January was a busy time on the list.

> Unfortunately I upgraded long time ago from jessie to stretch and don't know
> whats the status with wheezy.

You mean - nobody has to stick with an outdated and unsupported wheezy?

--
Brian.