Re: libgparted bug.

On Saturday 10 February 2018 02:55:08 deloptes wrote:

> David Wright wrote:
> > Well, as I explained, I don't use a DE so I wouldn't have a clue.
> > There presumably are people here who use TDE. I see it mentioned
> > a lot.
>
> I use the 14.1 - DEV version, but also in previous one I have never
> experienced automounting.
> Could be that Gene installed automount package and it is not working
> as expected?
>
> I don't have that big file to test khexedit - I test with 1GB+, but it
> displayed properly.
>
> regards

It loaded slow, but displayed ok. Biggest problem is only one way to
scroll, one 16 byte line at a time. Would have taken an indeterminate
but measured in days time, to scroll thru an 8Gb file. The recommened
hexdump -C did the scrolling about 25x faster, and only took 5 or 6
hours to answer the question, was there a gpt table at the end of it,
the answer of course was no.

Someone else did some math and said my count for the dd invocation I used
should have gone another half a megabyte.

So I'm going to scroll back up the list, and make another image to see if
that solves the problem.

--
Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)