Re: preferences > openbox configuration manager no start

On 28 January 2018 at 06:52, Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:

> What I'm seeing is at the lxde main menu > preferences >
> openbox configuration manager
>
> When clicked nothing happens I just see the mouse cursor show the
> `busy' icon.  Nothing ever starts
>
> After doing a few dpkg -L pkgname looking for something that might be
> the binary of that manager... I'm not able to find it.
>
> Even chking on a `stable' version (stretch) I can't really tell what
> runs when you click the openbox config manager.

On jessie and stretch, clicking that menu item with the secondary mouse
button and then clicking "properties" reveals that its target file is
/usr/share/applications/obconf.desktop which defines the command
Exec=obconf

and
$ dpkg -S /usr/share/applications/obconf.desktop
obconf: /usr/share/applications/obconf.desktop
$ type obconf
obconf is /usr/bin/obconf
$ dpkg -S /usr/bin/obconf
obconf: /usr/bin/obconf

shows that both those files are installed by the obconf package.