Re: libgparted bug.

On Fri 09 Feb 2018 at 14:11:27 (-0500), Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 09 February 2018 13:56:35 David Wright wrote:

> >                ↑ I'll write "correct" next time. You'd think I, of all
> >                  people, could spell that word.

> > > It must be doing an end run by that means. Can that be fixed too?
> >
> > Circumvent what by what? Are those files there or not? I don't know
> > what you mean by "fixing" until you say whether they're there and
> > whether they're desired.

> > > This machine is running TDE as its x-gui, r14.0.5 it says.
> >
> > Well, isn't that why things get automounted, then? ISTR people doing
> > similar battles when their disc burners tried to automount blank
> > discs. You had to turn it off somewhere.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > David.
>
> somewhere. That was the implied question.

Well, as I explained, I don't use a DE so I wouldn't have a clue.
There presumably are people here who use TDE. I see it mentioned
a lot.

No, I was more interested in your nobbling of sdd in rules.d and
whether that had the consequence of preventing the creation of
the appropriate symlinks under /dev/disk/. It seemed somewhat
brutal; I thought there might be side effects.

Cheers,
David.