Re: Ethernet is not started at boot

Hello Richard,

Am 2018-02-07 hackte Richard Hector in die Tasten:
> On 07/02/18 08:07, Brian wrote:
>> netmask and network are not needed. ifupdown will compute them. Note
>> there are no examples in interfaces(5) which use these parameters.
>
> The examples use CIDR notation instead, eg "address 192.168.1.1/24".
>
> The netmask line is an alternative to that. You need to tell it
> _somehow_ how big the subnet is.

Thankyou, it seems, people have forgotten for what it is.

Because douing routing over several networks is to much work, I decide
to have all IP Sensors and cameras in a network with 512 IP adresses.

> Richard

Have a nice day

--
Michelle Konzack        Miila ITSystems @ TDnet