Re: extracting file with xz file tar.....

On 2018-01-26, David Wright <deblis@lionunicorn.co.uk> wrote:

>> Yes, my bad, that is intended for the amanda list, whose new owner is
>> attempting to emulate yahoo all those years ago by claiming copyright on
>> everthing the server passes thru. Yahoo got burned at the stake in court
>> over that, and now CARBONITE INC is replaying it. I need to figure out a
>> way to make kmail use an individual signature per list. Without
>> concocting 40+ more identities.
>>

>> In the meantime I'm trying to train this old dog to delete those 2 lines
>> when the message is not aimed at the amanda list.

It appears kmail has "identities" now (but maybe not then in the Wheezy
version) that would allow you to juggle several different personalities
(Gene, Maurice, Mr. Heskett, etc.) with discrete settings for each.

Alpine has "roles" for this; however, I don't ever seem to be the
leading man and am consistently accorded small character parts in which
I generally end up on the cutting room floor.

--
“True terror is to wake up one morning and discover that your high school class
is running the country.” – Kurt Vonnegut