Re: extracting file with xz file tar.....

On Thursday 25 January 2018 15:51:47 Brian wrote:

> On Thu 25 Jan 2018 at 15:42:15 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Thursday 25 January 2018 15:14:24 Michael Fothergill wrote:
> > > Dear folks,
> > >
> > > I am trying to extract files from a tar xz file.
> > >
> > > The file is a kernel file.
> > >
> > > I ran the tar -xf command:
>
> [Snipped]
>
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
> > The above content, added by Maurice E. Heskett, is Copyright 2018 by
> > Maurice E. Heskett.
>
> I've deleted just about everything in your post because I do not know
> whether it is redistributable. Would you please clarify?

Yes, my bad, that is intended for the amanda list, whose new owner is
attempting to emulate yahoo all those years ago by claiming copyright on
everthing the server passes thru. Yahoo got burned at the stake in court
over that, and now CARBONITE INC is replaying it. I need to figure out a
way to make kmail use an individual signature per list. Without
concocting 40+ more identities.

In the meantime I'm trying to train this old dog to delete those 2 lines
when the message is not aimed at the amanda list.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)