Re: Network setup by installer

On Fri 19 Jan 2018 at 19:09:27 +0000, Brian wrote:

> On Sat 20 Jan 2018 at 03:25:00 +0900, Mark Fletcher wrote:
>
> > To get out of the situation I'm in on those two machines, I just need to
> > hand-craft the interfaces file to something like what you have above,
> > with appropriate device, ssid and WPA password values substituted. For
> > these PARTICULAR systems, firmware doesn't seem to be a problem.
>
> That's about it. The transferring of the interfaces file takes place in
> a late_command. I've not tried it myself but it should work and I intend
> to have a go tomorrow.

The location of the files you provide will be different from mine.
interfaces could also have stanzas for all the wireless devices; only
one of them is going to be brought up anyway. This works for me:

d-i preseed/late_command string                                 \
  cp /hd-media/files/interfaces /target/etc/network/interfaces; \
  mkdir /target/lib/firmware;                                   \
  cp /hd-media/files/zd1211/ /target/lib/firmware;              \
  in-target apt-get -y install wpasupplicant;

The technique just replaces installing over a wireless link from the
start. I've been wondering why you chose not to do that and avoid the
extra work.

--
Brian.