Re: To many repos??? No Public Key's!!

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018, Josh W. wrote:

So I posted about either having a faulty .iso and non-public keys.

In your previous thread,...

 [🔎] CAG9XMTsz4Ak+4=xvy_oGYuFE61eeygF5K3JDb4rHP6nwSd6r1w@mail.gmail.com">https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/[🔎] CAG9XMTsz4Ak+4=xvy_oGYuFE61eeygF5K3JDb4rHP6nwSd6r1w@mail.gmail.com

... it looks like you included possibly important details in an
attached file that was not plain text. If you want people here to
examine what you post, post it in plain text format.

If cutting/pasting copious output is cumbersome or not possible, you
can write it to a file like so:

If, let's say, someone asked you to post the output of

 $ apt policy debian-archive keyring

then you could run this:

 $ apt policy debian-archive-keyring |& tee d-a-k_policy_for_jonathan

Any output would then be displayed as usual, and would also be written
to a file named "d-a-k_policy_for_jonathan", located in the current
directory. You could then include the contents of that file in your
message to debian-user (or attach it to your message).

Before running the command, do check the contents of the current
directory first, to make sure that you have chosen a destination
filename that does not already exist there (in the above example,
"d-a-k_policy_for_jonathan"). Otherwise the "tee" command will
overwrite it with the apt command's output and you will lose whatever
used to be there.

Likewise, if you cared to post any troubling messages that you see
when you run...

 $ sudo apt-get install wine

...then you could run something like the following instead, to save
the output to a file, by adding "|& tee FILENAME" to the end of your
command:

 $ sudo apt-get install wine |& tee install-wine.log

Speaking of output, I have yet to see posted in plain text:

 * precisely what commands produced error messages about public keys.

 * the output from those commands.

There is a lot of expertise on this list, but even experts need some
material to work with: materials like precisely what commands you
issued, and their output.

Messages that appear to be full of redundant pointless noise to you
might be very informative to others.

I've looked around in my /etc/apt/sources.list file. Maybe i have to
many repos or just not the right ones... I have tried netselect on a
bunch but not really getting any where. Here is the output of my
sources.list file as of now. I commented out the Oracle VM repo, the
"Also a Secondary" repo, and also the first repo under the cdrom
repo... When i tried the netselect it gave me ip address's that
didn't go anywhere. Not sure on what to do next... Can somebody
point me in the right direction.

You could begin by replying, in full, to this attempt to help you:

 [🔎] 1515499451.12102.2.camel@debian.org">https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/[🔎] 1515499451.12102.2.camel@debian.org

It is helpful, by the way, that you posted the contents of your
sources.list.

Good luck with your project.

--

P: C'est Darth Vader qui rentre dans une boulangerie. Il demande quoi
   à ton avis?