Re: To many repos??? No Public Key's!!

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018, Josh W. wrote:

> So I posted about either having a faulty .iso and non-public keys. I've
> looked around in my /etc/apt/sources.list file. Maybe i have to many repos
> or just not the right ones... I have tried netselect on a bunch but not
> really getting any where. Here is the output of my sources.list file as of
> now. I commented out the Oracle VM repo, the "Also a Secondary" repo, and
> also the first repo under the cdrom repo... When i tried the netselect it
> gave me ip address's that didn't go anywhere. Not sure on what to do
> next... Can somebody point me in the right direction.
> #
>
> # deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 9.2.1 _Stretch_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1
> 20171013-13:09]/ stretch contrib main
>
> #deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 9.2.1 _Stretch_ - Official amd64 DVD Binary-1
> 20171013-13:09]/ stretch contrib main
>
> # deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch main non-free contrib
> # deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch main non-free contrib
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates main contrib
> non-free
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates main
> contrib non-free
>
> # stretch-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
> deb http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch-updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian/ stretch-updates main contrib non-free
>
> # Primary mirror site for debian stretch
> deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stretch main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian stretch main contrib non-free
>
> # Secondary mirror site for debian stretch
> deb http://mirrors.linux.iu.edu/linux/debian/ stretch main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://mirrors.linux.iu.edu/linux/debian/ stretch main contrib
> non-free
>
> # This is a repo for Oracle VM
> # deb http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian stretch main contrib
> non-free
> # deb-src http://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/debian stretch contrib
>
> # Also a Secondary mirror site for debian stretch
> # deb http://debian-archive.trafficmanager.net/debian stretch main contrib
> non-free
> # deb-src http://debian-archive.trafficmanager.net/debian stretch main
> contrib non-free

I have in the past created really big messes by over-editing and
over-analyzing sources.list and the pkg manager aptitude has been a lot of
help with that.

The problem with the keys might be because you installed something from
somewhere without adding it's key first.  There is no way to tell from
sources.list if it is from one currently in it, or from another one you
removed, but it's probably the one non-debian repo.

You might be able to purge whatever it is if you can figure out what pkg.

Or you might be able to find out what it is by looking up the number/hex
string in the error msg on the internet, and adding the key for the
repository it came from.

There is an example on your machine at:
/usr/share/doc/apt/examples/sources.list

and it is a great little file.  Don't over analyze and worry about it.
Just set it and forget it.