Re: Printing problem

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 23:20:52 +0000
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

Hi,

I made a mistake, I still can not print from office, issue also not
completely solved.
I can print as user now with gimp, geany, firefox.
Not with okular (as root yes), libreoffice writer (as root yes).

Also another rights problem I guess.

Below my /et/gtk*

On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 23:20:52 +0000
Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon 15 Jan 2018 at 22:29:30 +0100, arne wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 15 Jan 2018 11:24:22 +0000
> > Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:

> > > We hope "suddenly" means that one day you went to bed and when you
> > > woke up, printing from an application didn't work. No changes to
> > > the printing system or the OS on your part were underaken before,
> > > during or after the sleep process.
> > >
> > > Please give a list of all the affected programs and the output of
> > >
> > >  dpkg -l libreoffice*
> > >
> > > How do you fare with okular or qpdfview? You are running under
> > > GNOME?
> > >

> > Hi
> >
> > I forgot to mention: daily updated Debian Stretch on amd64 with
> > backports.
> >
> > In okular the printer is visible, but not printing
> > In qpdfview the printer is visible and prints!
> >
> > In Firefox, Gimp and Geanny the printer does not appear
> >
> > I do not run GNOME but fluxbox.
> >
> > Output of dpkg -l libreoffice* below
>
> Thanks,
>
> When you say "printer" do you really mean "printers"?
>
> Printers are visible in the dialogs of Qt apps (okular and qpdfview)
> but not in those of GTK apps. So it seems like a GTK problem. (Except
> libreoffice is not a GTK app). Do you have any /etc/gtk-x.0 or
> ~/.gtk-x.0 files? If so, what are their contents?

/etc/gtk-2.0/im-multipress.conf
# Example configuration file for the GTK+
Multipress Input Method # Authored by Openismus GmbH, 2009.
#
# This file follows the GKeyFile format.  On the left of the equal sign
goes # the key that you press repeatedly to iterate through the text
items listed # on the right-hand side.  The list items are separated by
semicolons ";" and # consist of one or more characters each.  The
backslash "\" is used to escape # characters; for instance "\;" for a
literal semicolon. #
# The example configuration below imitates the behavior of a standard
mobile # phone by a major manufacturer, with German language setting.
[keys]
KP_1 = .;,;?;!;';";1;-;(;);@;/;:;_
KP_2 = a;b;c;2;ä;à;á;ã;â;å;æ;ç
KP_3 = d;e;f;3;è;é;ë;ê;ð