Re: Debian iso installation incorrectly sets sources.list

On Wed 10 Jan 2018 at 10:41:12 (+0000), Jonathan Dowland wrote:
> On Tue, 2018-01-09 at 23:34 -0500, The Wanderer wrote:
> > If the entry was not changed to be commented out during the conclusion
> > of the initial OS install procedure, that sounds like an issue
> > indeed, although a relatively minor one. But the inclusion of the
> > entry in sources.list is not an error, and ceasing to include such
> > entries there at all would be problematic.
>
> The sources.list entry is for a cdrom that does not exist: the install
> method was via a USB stick. That certainly seems like a bug to me (and
> one that I've hit before myself: but I have not checked whether it is
> already reported.)
>
> Even if the OP left the install USB plugged into their machine, the
> sources.list line would never work.

Isn't that what the command

apt-cdrom -d /mnt --no-auto-detect -m add

is for?                               ↑↑↑__command to scan the .iso
                                   ↑↑______don't mount anything (as already done)
                    ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑_________leave any optical drives alone
           ↑↑↑↑↑↑__________________________here is the already mounted stick

Cheers,