Re: Debian iso installation incorrectly sets sources.list

On 01/10/2018 04:41 AM, Jonathan Dowland wrote:
On Tue, 2018-01-09 at 23:34 -0500, The Wanderer wrote:
If the entry was not changed to be commented out during the conclusion
of the initial OS install procedure, that sounds like an issue
indeed, although a relatively minor one. But the inclusion of the
entry in sources.list is not an error, and ceasing to include such
entries there at all would be problematic.

The sources.list entry is for a cdrom that does not exist: the install
method was via a USB stick. That certainly seems like a bug to me (and
one that I've hit before myself: but I have not checked whether it is
already reported.)

Even if the OP left the install USB plugged into their machine, the
sources.list line would never work.

I'm not a programmer so I do not how difficult the *implementation* of a fix would be.

However it's *logic* could be simple.

IF desired CD is in drive
  THEN proceed normally
  END IF
IF any other CD of the set is in drive
  THEN prompt for desired CD to be placed in drive
ELSEIF any mounted device has appropriate LABEL or UUID
  THEN use it
ELSE prompt for desired CD to be placed in drive
ENDIF