Re: How to create a PDF-Printer from the command line

On Tue 09 Jan 2018 at 20:47:44 (+0000), Curt wrote:
> On 2018-01-09, Brian <ad44@cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Oh. pdftex is now being fed a latex file, not a plain text file.
> > Previously:
> >
> > > pdftex will actually create a pdf out of a *text file*....
>
> That's right. No contradiction. I just added a data point.

Perhaps before this protracted, tangential and niggling subthread
becomes acrimonious or invidious, it might be easier to just state
than TeX/LaTeX is a useless way to turn a *text* file into a PDF.
And that's without discussing whether having to install a TeX system
is any better than installing LibreOffice.

Cheers,
David.