Re: processor_unfixable security flaws

On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 09:11:53AM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> sejobud33 writes:
> > are "melton" & "spectre" related at the ime hidden features
>
> No.  The management engine is certainly a dangerous feature but this is
> orthogonal to it.

It is nice to know that we have unfixable security vulnerabilities at
all levels of the hardware stack.  Bonus: if you have an HP business
laptop that runs Windows you probably also ended up with the nice little
keylogger that they decided to ship in their keyboard driver for the
last 5 years :-)

Regards,

-Roberto

--