Re: please help! debain won't boot

On Wed, 13 Dec 2017, Jason Brenkus wrote:

I am a novice to linux, and I'm in over my head. I'm not sure what
went wrong or went. I am running Jessie. On startup the pc begins to
load and then goes to a screen with nothing but a cursor. Then
nothing happens no matter how long i wait. If i boot in to recover
mode i get a screen that says #IPv6: ADDRCONF (NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0:
link becomes ready. And no amount of waiting changes it.

In case you care to follow up on Jeroen Mathon's suspicion that your
system has in fact booted, and that you can probably log in on a
virtual terminal:

Once you arrive at the situation you've described, what happens if you
hold down both the Ctrl key and Alt key and press the F6 key?

Do you get a screen with

 Debian GNU/Linux 8 YOUR_HOSTNAME tty6

 YOUR_HOSTNAME login:

and a cursor?

Can you enter a username, and then (when prompted) the corresponding
password?

I had trouble getting the correct drivers for my gpu which is a amd
radeon r9 270 i believe. The last thing i did before the system
didn't boot was install a mining program.