Re: Gnome strange behavior while typing in some windows

On Thu, Dec 07, 2017 at 04:07:24PM +0000, Paulo Roberto wrote:
>    If I change window or even tabs, the typing works perfectly in the new tab
>    or window but persists in the previous one when I come back to it.
>    The problem comes and goes and I don't know the exact way to replicate it.
>    I start using a tab or window for a while and it happens.

Paulo,

It sounds like you might have something going on with your keyboard
layouts and the shortcut key combination that changes the layout.  In my
case, I tend to use L_SHIFT+CAPS_LOCK to change from a dead keys layout
to a non-dead keys layout.  However, I recently installed Debian on a
new machine and found that the default had changed because the key
combination on the newly installed machine was SUPER+SPACE.

You may want to check your "Region and Language" settings in GNOME to
see what layouts have key combinations associated with them.  That may
tell you why your layout changes when you don't expect it.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez