Re: Debian jigdo status

I'm the OP so I thought I would follow-up.
It turned out that there were problems with some files in the Debian archives. The traffic on the resolution
for that is on debian-cd: https://lists.debian.org/debian-cd/2017/12/msg00014.html
There were also recently discovered problems in the jigdo tools (just fixed a week or so before), but it
turned-out that that was not my problem. See https://www.mail-archive.com/debian-bugs-dist@lists.debian.org/msg1526505.html

The actual point of using this ancient release, which I hadn't mentioned, was to get a salt-minion installed and configured into
an existing salt complex and begin rectification. After an additional 3 days wrestling with the Debian and Saltstack repositories
and dealing with apt-get package resolution difficulties, I managed to complete that on one server and it's in the complex. My
work-around is totally brain-dead, but it circumvents the resolution issues with apt-get. It's possible that using apt, aptitude or
synaptic would have worked better, but I don't have time to find-out yet (or perhaps an apt-get problem; I can't really touch
fundamental software on these servers yet, most are production).

Many, many thanks to Thomas Schmitt and Phil Hands for their help on this. A whole company's thanks actually.
Now: In case anyone wonders, this is exactly how linux destroyed the old unix vendors and microsloth in the data-center.
I get better support here for free than I ever got from them for thousands. Once it was noodled-out, it was fixed in
under 24 hours. Carry on :-)

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 3:12 PM, Brad Rogers <brad@fineby.me.uk> wrote:
On Fri, 15 Dec 2017 22:10:12 +0100
"Thomas Schmitt" <scdbackup@gmx.net> wrote:

Hello Thomas,

>Correction: It is now in "testing" after only 6 days in "unstable".
>(Has the quarantine time been reduced ? Normally it is 10 or 11 days.)

It's usually five days.  For some software it's extended to ten.

--
 Regards  _
         / )           "The blindingly obvious is