Re: got a new one

On Wednesday 20 December 2017 19:39:32 Gene Heskett wrote:

> On Wednesday 20 December 2017 17:56:46 Brian wrote:

Libgtk3 should have come with a 55 gallon drum of Raid. Gladevcp3 will
never work with any stability until its fixed.

Of course I am for some jobs, as noted in a previous post earlier this
evening.

And I certainly wasn't doing landscape mode for an invoice composed in
letter format, aka Portrait mode.

> > > Either one implies a 90 degree rotation of the page on the paper,
> > > so that loooong lines don't either get clipped off at the right
> > > margin, or often as not line wrapped by the printer which means on
> > > a multipage document, the pdf interpretors page count doesn't get
> > > totally scrambled & starts putting the headers and footers in the
> > > middle of the page. Doesn't always help though, some of the hal
> > > files I've hacked up over the years have effectively been north of
> > > 220 chars/line. There are ways to fix that, but they are
> > > relatively new in linuxcnc's init functions.  Those older files
> > > usually get fixed if I have to revisit them, because the hardware
> > > changed or something.
> >
> > What determines the choice of pages which suffer a 90 degree
> > rotation?

See previous post 20 minutes back.  Or below.

> Not individual pages unless you want to jump thru some pretty small
> hoops. You can select it for the whole, individual print job, in the
> printer requester that pops up when you select print from some
> application. I varies as to what tab its under but will usually be a 4
> choice. 2 of them will be labeled Portrait and Landscape, the other 2
> are further rotations at 180 and 270 degrees. The better versions of
> that requester will also let you specify odd only or even only, or a
> page range in case you only want a 10 page piece of a 750 pager.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)