Re: Embarrassing security bug in systemd

On Sun 10 Dec 2017 at 16:43:02 (-0500), Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 10 December 2017 14:12:09 David Wright wrote:
>
> > On Sun 10 Dec 2017 at 10:42:53 (-0500), Gene Heskett wrote:
> > > For something that can be such a pita, not installing the docs
> > > doesn't seem like my error, they should have been part of the
> > > install. IMO.
> >
> > That's ridiculous. I don't want all the docs on all the installations.
> > I only install docs on the machines that either I'm going to read it
> > on or one with a big disk.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > David.
>
> While I do have spinning rust drives of a terrabyte on both of those
> credit card sized machines, functioning as swaps and work areas, they
> are still booting and running from a 32GB sd chip disk.

…whereas the two laptops I mainly type into have respectively 60 and
80 GB disks of rust. Both have two root filesystems with different
versions of Debian. The smaller drive's PC needs a swap partition to
function, the other needs one for hibernation. Not a lot of space
left for /home. Installing shedloads of docs for each person's PITA
would contravene Debian's sensible policies.

Hopefully tomás won't need to paraphrase this :)

Cheers,
David.