Re: cups config for Brother HL-L2340DW

On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 10:56:37 +0100 (CET)
Pierre Frenkiel <pierre.frenkiel@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Nov 2017, Jape Person wrote:
>
> > Which GNU/Linux? Debian? If so, you should specify whether
> > you're using a release or testing or unstable. It could make a
> > difference, particularly with respect to the drivers available
> > in CUPS.
>
>    I was not aware that it was so important. My release is Stretch.
>    I did so many tries with all proposed URI (socket://, lpd://,
> ipp:// ...) that it would too long to report all.
>    Anyway, I could get an almost working config with
>    DeviceURI lpd://BRWF8DA0C80F39D/BINARY_P1
>    and
>    brother-HLL2340D-cups-en.ppd
>    My problem is now that input setting is "Tray1", but
>    the printer ignores it, and asks for "manual feed",
>    I'll try whether this can be fixed with Windows, unless you have
>    an other suggestion.
>
> best regards,

Hi,

When you care about spending too much ink on printing while testing,
I can recommend

to install libreoffice writer

and then download

1cm-paper.odt ,this one spills minimal ink

You can download it here:

https://extensions.libreoffice.org/templates/1cm-squared-paper

This one is a good demonstration to compare printing in 600 dpi or
1200 dpi.

greetings.