Re: cups config for Brother HL-L2340DW

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017, Jape Person wrote:

Which GNU/Linux? Debian? If so, you should specify whether
you're using a release or testing or unstable. It could make a
difference, particularly with respect to the drivers available
in CUPS.

  I was not aware that it was so important. My release is Stretch.
  I did so many tries with all proposed URI (socket://, lpd://, ipp:// ...)
  that it would too long to report all.
  Anyway, I could get an almost working config with
  DeviceURI lpd://BRWF8DA0C80F39D/BINARY_P1
  and
  brother-HLL2340D-cups-en.ppd
  My problem is now that input setting is "Tray1", but
  the printer ignores it, and asks for "manual feed",
  I'll try whether this can be fixed with Windows, unless you have
  an other suggestion.

best regards,
--
Pierre Frenkiel