Re: Sluggish internet connection

On 11/19/2017 10:24 PM, Thomas Amm wrote:
> On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 08:37:44 +0900
> A_Man_Without_Clue <love.chaser@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Can someone teach me where should I be looking for internet connection
>> problem.
>>
>> Up until recently I had no problem with internet connection but since
>> lat couple of days ago, I have been having this strange problem that
>> sometimes it stops connecting the internet. It's not persistent
>> problem rather it occurs randomly. Funny thing is that if I
>> refresh network connection just by clicking network manager the
>> connection revives for a couple of seconds but again it stops (meaning
>> the web stops loading). At the time I am writing this e-mail, no
>> problem with internet but a while ago, it wasn't connecting. It's not
>> the problem with my ISP or router as I am able to connect with other
>> PC or smartphones.
>>
>> Does anybody give me ideas what should I be looking at?
>>
>> I set static local IP address but changing to automatic DHCP doesn't
>> change situation.
>>
>> Debian Testing (Buster)
>> Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
>> (rev 31)
>>

>> Any help or tips will be appreciated.
>>

>> Thanks.
>>

> Have a look at this thread:
> https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=209410
>
> Seems that problems with Linux and Intel's I219 are not uncommon. Maybe
> on of the various "linux-firmware" packages might help, too - I did not
> have the time to look through all of them.
>
> --
> Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic

yeah, that e1000e driver. I have read about it. But I do not know if my
problem is something to do with it because with Kernel 4.13, it should
work. Actually, right now it is working without any problem, internet is
connecting just fine and fast.
I really don't know what is causing this. I am suspecting something to
do with my router and the debian's the static IP setting but not sure.