Re: Sluggish internet connection

On Sun, 19 Nov 2017 08:37:44 +0900
A_Man_Without_Clue <love.chaser@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Can someone teach me where should I be looking for internet connection
> problem.
>
> Up until recently I had no problem with internet connection but since
> lat couple of days ago, I have been having this strange problem that
> sometimes it stops connecting the internet. It's not persistent
> problem rather it occurs randomly. Funny thing is that if I
> refresh network connection just by clicking network manager the
> connection revives for a couple of seconds but again it stops (meaning
> the web stops loading). At the time I am writing this e-mail, no
> problem with internet but a while ago, it wasn't connecting. It's not
> the problem with my ISP or router as I am able to connect with other
> PC or smartphones.
>
> Does anybody give me ideas what should I be looking at?
>
> I set static local IP address but changing to automatic DHCP doesn't
> change situation.
>
> Debian Testing (Buster)
> Ethernet controller: Intel Corporation Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
> (rev 31)
>

> Any help or tips will be appreciated.
>

> Thanks.

Have a look at this thread:
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=209410

Seems that problems with Linux and Intel's I219 are not uncommon. Maybe
on of the various "linux-firmware" packages might help, too - I did not
have the time to look through all of them.

--
Backup not found: (A)bort (R)etry (P)anic